2013 MEDICALLY RELATED DONATIONS
At their 6 November 2013 meeting the Trustees made pledges totalling £1.168 million to ten charites under the 'Medically Related Donations' programme.
The successful applicants included:
- The Addenbrooke's Charitable Trust - provision of two new neonatal critical care cots.
- Bolton Hospice - contribution towards the refurbishment and extension of existing facilities.
- The National Brain Appeal - contribution towards the redevelopment of operating theatres at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery.
- North Devon Hospice - contribution towards the creation of a new outreach centre.
- The Royal College of Ophthalmology - contribution towards the refurbishment and equipping of the organisation's new headquarters.
- Smile Support & Care - contribution towards the creation of a new respite care centre.
- St Luke's Hospice (Sheffield) - contribution towards the transformation of the in-patient unit.
- The Norfolk Hospice - contribution towards the replacement of its existing Tapping House facility; the Trust has funded the new Young Person's Suite.
- The University of Leicester - contribution towards the refurbishment of laboratory space in the Diabetes Centre.
- Willen Hospice - contribution towards the refurbishment of existing facilities and the improvement of access to outside amenities.
Competition for this year's allocated funding was fierce with 42 applications/enquiries received.
Organisations considering applying to this programme are advised to visit the Medically Related Donations section of the website.